10 Festive Fashion Resolutions To Stick By This Year
Each year we resolve to do a million things like get familiar with another dialect or attempt to appear as though Bridgette Bardot but let’s resolve to get our fashion sense in the right shape this year. Out with the old and predictable and in with a couple of in vogue chances – what say??
So, let’s try these 10 festive fashion resolutions to stick by this year.
- Resolve to try a new different shade of colour and don’t stick with your favourite one. You need to break out the fashion mould and try different shades. The rainbow is at your doorstep, pick the colour that you fancy and always think as bold and incorporate it into your closet.
- Understand the difference between jeggings, leggings and jeans. Oh, there are more like capris, shorts and slacks too. Try to understand that it is ok that all are under pant family but you need to know what, when, where to wear the right one. Leggings are perfect for ethnic or layering good with shirt dresses. Do not confuse them as frequent bottom wear to be worn the way jeans or types of denim are.
- Resolve to inject things from the past into the present – what I mean here is get a decade and perused on the fashion of that era. Work an adornment or a part of that time with the latest thing however with alert. Pick one that suits your personality. Rocker styles from the 70s, pencil skirts and sparkly waves from the 40s or any other cultural period that you see squeezing into your persona would be the best approach. Remember a fine line between Halloween and high fashion.
- Resolve to use belts and it can be any shape and size. A belt gives you the shape no other body shaper can do. There are three kinds of belts you should have, one perfectly fits your waist, the second one worn around your hips and the last one just for showcase.
- Get a white shirt and black pants. They are not boring or out of fashion but they are a crucial wardrobe requirement. The shirt can be either long length or short, loose or perfect fit but it should be white which you can pair with any jewellery, any outfit. The black pant also can be suede, silk, cotton or leather, bootleg or skinny fit but keep that one.
- Change your style. Play with mix and match. You can combine with ethnic and modern or south and west and also add lotta colours to make it perfect.
- Buy the things you love and look good on you. Fashion is blended with comfort and style not following trends blindly. If you wanna follow a trend that doesn’t suit your personality, then add elements from your wardrobe. Play with the comfort and style both ways.
- If you have already plenty of clothes, donate some and make an empty space for your new fashion. Donate doesn’t harm but keeping the school time era’s dresses or too loose or tight dress does not make any sense and you will always end up with no better OOTD.
- Resolve to demolish the thought that gym wear is trendy and you can wear it anywhere to look sexy. Please make an effort to dress properly for movie night or dinner night post-gym session. Anything with more than 50% spandex should not wear out of the gym.
- Take a resolution to move away from expected to unexpected in this festive season. Try new denim shorts, or a new fashionable leather skirt, or a new hairdo with a new colour. Try, practice and resolve.
“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street. Fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”
This blog post is part of the blog challenge ‘Blogaberry Dazzle’ hosted by Cindy D’Silva and Noor Anand Chawla and powered by Deyga.
Please follow and like us: